Spiced Basmati Rice
Member recipe by edwa453
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Half fresh green chilli chopped & de-seeded if you don't like the heat!
- 2 fat cloves of garlic
- Half a tsp of garam masarla
- Half a tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pint of chicken stock
- Wash rice in several changes of tap water
- Pour 2 pints of water over rice and soak for half an hour. Drain in a sieve for 20 mins. This will remove the excess starch & help achieve fluffy rice
- Add oil to a large saucepan and heat gently. Add onion & fry until soft and lightly brown.
- Add rice, garlic, spices and seasoning & stir for 3 to 4 mins so all grains are coated with oil and spices
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to boil. Turn to a low heat and cook for 10-15 mins until rice is tender & most/all water has been absorbed.