Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
An Italian classic with a garlic twist.
- 500g of Pasta (preferrably spaghetti or tagliatelle)
For the Sauce
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Slices Unsmoked Bacon
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Eggs
- 25g Parmesan
- 10cl White Wine
- Serve With
- Black Pepper
- Grated Parmesan
- STEP 1In a large pot boil water for the pasta on a high heat. Chop the bacon into small pieces and dice the onion and garlic, set aside.
- STEP 2Put the pasta into the boiling water and leave at a high heat.Put a tsp of olive oil into a large frying pan (at medium heat), once heated add the diced bacon and allow to gently fry. In a large bowl crack the two eggs and whisk.
- STEP 3Add the diced red onions and garlic to the frying pan with the garlic and allow to brown, once bacon is cooked and the vegetables slightly brown turn down (to low heat) to keep warm. In the bowl with the eggs fold in the parmesan and add the white wine.
- STEP 4Once the pasta has boiled add it to the bowl with the eggs and wine mix and toss through (this allows the eggs to cook). Then add the garlic, bacon and red onions and again toss through.
- STEP 5Your pasta is ready to serve, garnish with pepper and parmesan.