Member recipe by easterrecipes1
This is a delicious and impressive dessert however, a little care must be taken when making this dish as you are working with very hot sugar, but the results are well worth the effort.
- 4 Bananas (skinned and sliced once length ways)
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 50g Kerrygold Butter (Softer)
- 4 Vanilla Sponge slices
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- In a large frying pan, heat the sugar over a moderate heat, after about 1-2 minutes the sugar will start to caramelise around the edges of the pan. Stir the sugar with a wooden spoon until the sugar has changed to a golden amber colour, continue cooking but be careful not to burn.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Kerrygold butter, vanilla seeds and 2 tbsp of cold water, to stop it cooking any further.
- Add the bananas cut side down and return to the heat; cook for 1-2 minutes and then turn over, the bananas should have taken on the caramel colour.
- Place the slices of vanilla sponge in the middle of the plates, pile 2 halves of bananas on top of the sponge and pour over the caramel sauce so it soaks into the sponge and add a scoop the Greek yoghurt
- Quick Tip: To melt the butter faster use Kerrygold Softer Butter which is soft straight from the fridge and without the addition of vegetable oil.