Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Rather like Eggs Benedict, but the veggie version as it contains no meat...
- 1 pkt hollandaise sauce mix, or make your own
- 2 English muffins, buttered and split in half horizontally
- 2 large handfuls of steamed baby spinach
- 4 large poached eggs
- STEP 1If you're making the hollandaise sauce from scratch, make this first and set it aside. If you're using ready made or packet, leave this for now.
- STEP 2Butter the muffins and place on an oven tray and turn the grill on to medium to preheat
- STEP 3If you're using a packet hollandaise sauce, make this now according to the directions and keep on a gentle heat once prepared.
- STEP 4Put a pan of boiling water on and add a touch of vinegar (optional). Give it a swirl with a spoon, crack and drop the eggs one at a time into the swirling water to give them a good shape. Turn the heat down and gently poach for 2-3 minutes
- STEP 5Whilst the eggs are poaching, steam the spinach - this can be done in the microwave, but for seconds - keep a very close eye on it or you will have green mush. Recommend you do in 20 seconds bursts until it is wilted, nothing more!
- STEP 6Arrange the steamed spinach on top of the muffins, top with the poached eggs and pour the hollandaise sauce over the top
- STEP 7Place the tray under the preheated grill for 1-2 minutes, or until the top is bubbling and just turning golden-brown.
- STEP 8Bung on to plates and eat immediately.