Exotic white chocolate mousse
Member recipe by drilldille
- 100g white chocolate
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 2 ripe sharon fruits
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Dark chocolate grid/decoration:
- 25 g dark chocolate
- 2 passion fruits
- Break the white chocolate and melt. Beat in the egg yolk and the water. Leave to cool. Whip the cream and gently fold in the cooled white chocolate. Leave it in a bowl and cover with clingfilm in the fridge for about two hours or until set.
- To make the sauce: Wash and cut the sharon fruits in 4. Whizz in a blender and add sugar and lemonjuice to taste. Place in the fridge.
- To make the chocolate grid: Gently melt the dark chocolate and place in a small plastig bag. Cut a small hole in the plastic bag with sizzors and pipe several small grids (aprox 3cmx3cm) on to a sheet of baking paper. Leave to cool/set in the fridge.
- To assemble the dish: Scoop out spoonfulls of the white chocolate mousse on to 4 small plates. Drizzle some of the sharon fruit sauce around. Scoop out the pulp from the passionfruits and dot around. Place a few dark chocolate grids on top of each dessert.