Scallops & Sweet Chilli
Member recipe by donna1972
A super fast supper would do for a starter or main. And great for a dinner party
- 6 fresh scallops, roe on or off depending on personal preference
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small bit of ginger, peeled and grated, put grated ginger into a jay cloth or muslin and squeeze out all the juice
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Fresh rocket leaves to serve
- If you wish you can add the rest of the marinade to warm for drizzling over the scallops when serving.
- Mix together the garlic, ginger juice, sweet chilli sauce and coriander with the olive oil.
- Add the scallops to the sauce and leave to marinade for about 1/2 hour.
- Heat a large frying pan until hot, cook the scallops for about 2-3 mins each side depending on size of scallops. Don't be tempted to over cook as they will go all tough.
- Lift out scallops and place onto the rocket salad and drizzle the remainder to the sauce over.