Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pan roasted chicken BBQ
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Can be cooked on a BBQ or in a wok or large pan on the cooker
- 100g/4oz soft butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2tblsp olive oil
- 6 slices of prosciutto (85g pack)
- 6x175g/6oz skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 150ml/1/4 pint of chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs of oregano, leaves removed and chopped
- 400g can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 ciabatta loaf, cut into 12 slices
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 18 basil leaves, half chopped, half left whole
- mixed salad leaves tossed in your favorite dressing, to serve
- STEP 1mix the butter in a bowl with half the garlic. Get everything in bowls or on plates ready to take outside. Light the BBQ if using.
- STEP 2Heat a sturdy roasting tin on the BBQ or Hob drizzle in the oilto coat the tins base. Lay in the prosciutto and crisp on both sides. Set it aside.
- STEP 3Season the chicken and brown on both sides in the tin. Stir in the rest of the chopped garlic, and add the chopped tomatoes, stock and oregano. Simmer for 3mins, turn the breasts over and simmer for a further 3mins
- STEP 4Tip in the cannellini beans, turn the chicken over and simmer for a further 3mins, then turn again and simmer for a further 3mins more. Now taste the sauce and ass a little seasoning if you think it is needed.
- STEP 5Towards the end of the chickens cooking, toast the ciabatta on both sides on the BBQ or grill.
- STEP 6Toss the tomatoes and chopped basil into the chick mix. Let the tomatoes soften slightly, then top with the crisp prosciutto and scatter the whole basil leaves over. Spread the garlic butter on the ciabatta and arrange butter-side up around the edge of the chicken, or put the bowlof garlic butter on the table for guests to spread their own. serve hot, with mixed leaf salad.