Prawn & cucumber canape
Member recipe by davidnunn1
Pretty and tasty canape - looks particularly nice if several identical ones are arranged on a plate
- Packet of fresh cooked prawns
- Melba toasts, cut to 3cm-square (approx)
- 1 spring onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- thinly sliced cucumber (1 slice per canape)
- wasabe paste
- Sesame seeds toasted
- coriander leaves (1 leaf per canape)
- Toast a tablespoon of sesame seeds in a dry frying pan until golden colour and aromatic
- Very finely chop about 3cm of a spring onion and combine with the mayonnaise, a small squirt of wasabe paste and a teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each toast square
- Layer on a finely sliced piece of cucumber
- Place a prawn on each canape, and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds.
- Roll up quite tightly (but without damaging) a single leaf of coriander, place the stem end in the centre of the prawn and allow to uravel so that it remains standing upright.
- Arrange several canapes on a plate and serve.