Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Marrow, watercress, lentil and tomato soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Surprising combination of ingredients makes a very tasty wholesome soup, and uses up some of the excess marrows in life.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 200g lentils
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 500 ml stock
- Marrow, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Bunch of watercress
- Olive oil
- STEP 1Fry chopped onions in the olive oil until starting to brown. Add garlic, then cumin and coriander. Cook for a couple of minutes, then add marrow. Cook for a further 5 minutes, then tip in lentils and mix thoroughly.
- STEP 2Add chopped tomatoes, stock and the finely chopped watercress. Bring to the boil then reduce and simmer for half an hour, or until lentils are soft and mushy.
- STEP 3Coarsely blend the soup with a hand lender. Season to taste. Allow to cool before serving.