- Preparation and cooking time
- A challenge
- Serves 1
Breaded lamb rack pan fried, served with sweet potato chips, minted pea purée and a red wine reduction sauce.
- Lamb rack
- Garden peas
- Cooking red wine
- Salt and pepper
- Sweet potatoes
- English mustard
- STEP 1For breadcrumb crust finely dice parsley lemon zest salt and pepper. Muddled in pestle & mortar.
- STEP 2For red wine reduction sauce. Finely slice shallots and fry off with butter and oil until clear, fill pan with red wine reduce until thickened pass to remove shallots
- STEP 3Boil garden peas in veg stock. Strain keeping the stock. Blitz adding mint and slowly add stock to the creat purée. Pass to make smooth
- STEP 4Coat lightly the side walls and underneath the rack with mustard and dip into bread crumbs to crust.
- STEP 5Cross the fat of the lamb pan fry and place in the oven for 20 mins. Remove and rest.
- STEP 6Peel sweet potatoes and cut into wedges. Deep fry and place in the oven for 10 minutes.