Light chicken and cauliflower korma
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Low-fat, low-cal (about 300 kcal?) and delicious.
- 2 chicken skinless thighs or breasts
- 1 onion
- Small knob fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- Curry powder
- Chicken spices
- Garam marsala
- Whole cardamom seeds
- Some chicken stock or about 1/4 stock cube + some water
- Frozen cauliflower
- Plain yoghurt
- Coriander leaves - fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Small handful ground almonds
- STEP 1Slice the onion; peel and chop the ginger; peel and chop the garlic. Fry gently in the olive oil (with lid) until soft and slightly coloured.
- STEP 2In the meantime, slash the chicken and rub curry powder. Fry in the same pan as the onion mixture until browned.
- STEP 3Add the stock (or stock cube + water), chicken spices, garam marsala and cardamom. Cook gently (with lid) until chicken is just cooked. Top with frozen cauliflower and continue cooking until cooked.
- STEP 4To serve, stir through the plain yoghurt and heat gently. Stir in a small handful of ground almonds to thicken. Taste and add extra chilli if required. Sprinkle coriander on top before serving.