- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- Olive oil
- 3 or 4 spring onions, chopped (leave some of the green ends for sprinkling on the finished dish)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green & 1 red fresh chilli, finely chopped
- Dried chilli flakes
- Smoked paprika
- Fajita paste
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 5 or 6 salad potatoes, diced
- 200g sliced chorizo
- 4 eggs
- Coriander (saving some for garnish)
- STEP 1Heat some oil in a small, heavy saucepan. Add the onion and fresh chillies and fry over a medium heat until softened. Add the fajita paste, garlic, chilli flakes, and paprika, and fry gently for a couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes and a handful of coriander, and bring to the boil. Season accordingly with salt/pepper, reduce the heat, and simmer until step 2 is done.
- STEP 2Whilst all that is going on, boil the potatoes until soft and drain. Heat some more oil in a heavy frying pan and fry off the chorizo and potatoes together until it’s all browned and smelling lush.
- STEP 3Take the pan from the heat and stir in the salsa mixture. Make 4 holes in it and crack the eggs into the holes.
- STEP 4Put the pan back on the heat and fry the eggs until they’re cooked to your liking. Sprinkle with the remaining spring onions and coriander and serve from the pan. Crusty bread is a must for soaking up all that glorious saucy goodness!