- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Mushroom and Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- 4 peppers
- 1 smoked sausage
- garlic and herbs cream cheese
- Gouda cheese
- STEP 1Melt a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan on medium heat and add chopped mushrooms. Use as much as you like. We love mushrooms and for three peppers I used 150gr of mushrooms. Simmer the mushrooms for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- STEP 2In the meantine, chop half a pepper and add it over the mushrooms and continue simmering for another two minutes. I preffer to fry the veggies over low heat with the lid on, you fry them as you like it best. Avoid using much butter as the sausage is oily and it will join the frying pan party..
- STEP 3So, add 150 gr chopped sausage, stir and simmer for a further two minutes then set aside.
- STEP 4In a bowl, tip 150 gr garlic and herbs cream cheese, as much ground pepper as you like, then mix in the veggies. Grate gouda cheese and mix well.
- STEP 5Cut the peppers around the stem just to fit a teaspoon through, clean them and fill them with the mix. Cut the leftover half pepper in circles which should act as lids for the full stuffed peeppers. Cover a baking tray with kitchen foil and place the peppers 'lids' up. Bake for 35mins at 250°. Enjoy! Feel free to add parsley, coriander or anything else that takes your fancy. Serve with rice, bread, baby potatoes...pasta? naan? I used roast chicken and bread. Anthing goes!