Sweet and Sour Chicken
Member recipe by aimee2011
Delicious and authentic sweet and sour that's really simple to make.
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 4 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tbs Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Soya sauce, preferably sweet
- Sticky Chicken:
- 5 tbsp Cornflour
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Tin of pineapple in juice
- Place the 5 tbsp of cornflour into a bowl, chop the chicken breasts into strips and put into the bowl with salt and pepper and mix together. Leave to stand.
- Cut onion and pepper in cube and set aside.
- Mix corn flour and water in bowl until smooth. Add all other sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Heat oil in a flat pan until sizzling, add honey. Place the chicken in the pan. Turn chicken over when browned and golden, continue to fry until crisping and golden. Take out of pan and lay on kitchen paper or similar to get excess oil.
- In separate pan add chopped pineapple and fry for 2 minutes in some oil. Take pineapple out and add to sauce, mix well.
- Add veg to same pan and saute for 5 minutes on a medium heat. Add chicken and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add sauce and continue at a medium heat.
- Cook for at least 5 minutes stirring continuously, until sauce has reduced to amount you want.
- Serve with fried rice, Enjoy!