Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Nan's Homemade Biscuits
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 20 biscuits
I remember when I was young we use to spend precious time with Nan in the kitchen making these wonderful biscuits. What a time!!!
- - 250 g flour
- - 100 g caster sugar
- - 100 g butter
- - one egg
- - 1 tsp vanilla essence
- - a pinch of salt
- STEP 1In a bowl mix together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- STEP 2Add the egg and vanilla essence. Mix well until you get a nice smooth paste.
- STEP 3Sieve the flour and fold it in with a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- STEP 4Line a baking tray with grease proof paper then pipe the biscuits in the shapes you like.
- STEP 5Bake in the center of the oven at 180 C/350 F/ gas 4 for 25 minutes or until crisp and golden. Keep your eyes on the biscuits because they bake quite quick and you don't want them to burn or be to crispy. ENJOY!!!