Cream Of Carrots And Ginger Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 3
I am not a big fan of boiled carrots but this soup surprised me...delicious and healthy, with or without croutons if you are on a diet :)
- - 3 small potatoes
- - 5 carrots
- - celeriac(a slice 2 fingers thick)
- - one onion
- - one tbsp grated ginger
- - one garlic clove
- - fresh parsley
- - salt and pepper
- STEP 1Chop and fry the onion it in a bit of oil until soft and golden.
- STEP 2When the onion is cooked add the rest of the chopped vegetables and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and let it simmer on a low heat until soft.
- STEP 3When the soup starts to boil add the grated ginger and crushed garlic.
- STEP 4Test the vegetables from time to time to see if they are soft. Once they are ready place them in a separate bowl mash everything preferably with a mixer to give a smoother texture. I added the chopped parsley before blending the vegetables but if you prefer sprinkle some just before serving.
- STEP 5If the soup is too thick add some of the water used to cook the vegetables. Serve with croutons. ENJOY!!!