Stilton and garlic mushrooms
Member recipe by coby-rocks
- 350g closed cup mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
- 100g stilton cheese
- 2 lge garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g butter
- 100-150ml double cream
- salt and pepper
- crusty bread to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190c/gas 5.
- Fry mushrooms and garlic in the butter, stirring until beginning to soften.
- Gradually add the cream and boil gently for 2-4 mins until starting to thicken.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste, and divide the mixture between two individually sized ovenproof dishes.
- Crumble stilton over the top of each dish, and place in the oven for approx 10-15 mins until the stillton is melted and bubbling.
- Serve with chunks of crusty bread.