Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
A delicious, healthy tuna salad bursting with flavours.
- 4 eggs
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 1 packet (or handful) green beans
- 2 tins of tuna
- 10 new potatoes
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- cherry tomatoes
- black or kalamata olives
- 1 part olive oil
- 1 part lemon juice and white wine vinegar mix (even quantities of each )
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1Boil the potatoes until soft and leave in water to keep warm.
- STEP 2Soft boil the eggs for 5 minutes, drain and leave to one side until just cool enough to shell (but preferably still warm)
- STEP 3Boil or steam french beans until cooked but still crunchy. If boiling remove from water to stop going soggy and cover to keep warm.
- STEP 4Slice lettuce into quarters and arrange on serving plates, along with tomatoes, red onion and olives (the amount and type you use is dependent on taste but traditionally black or kalamata olives are used. Fresh olives from the deli counter always taste better than tinned or jarred olives)
- STEP 5Shell the eggs and half. Arrange on plate, along with the warm potatoes (again, halved if a little big) and the warm beans.
- STEP 6Drain the tuna and place in the centre of the plate on top of the salad.
- STEP 7To make the dressing (and how much you like depends of personal preference) mix one part good olive oil to one part lemon juice and white wine vinegar mixed together. Add a good spoonful or two of dijon mustard and plenty of salt and pepper. Stir rigorously until all ingredients are combined and the dressing becomes cloudy).
- STEP 8Drizzle a good helping of the dressing over the salad and enjoy....preferably in the sun with a large glass of white wine!!