Member recipe by aga319
These meatballs are a Turkish recipe and are great for picnics. Not forgeting all my recipes are nut free as I have a nut allergy.
- 450g Minced Lamb
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 stale slice of bread soaked in water and squeezed dry
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- Small bunch of fresh continental parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Mix and knead all the ingredients together really well.
- Slap the mixture against the sides and base of your bowl, repeating until the smooth surface of the mix starts to crack.
- Roll and shape into logs and gently flatten.
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the kofte.
- TIP: As the Kofte are cooking, they will puff out slightly.