Champagne chicken liver pate
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 25g Butter
- 500g chicken livers, trimmed of fat and sinew
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 150 ml carton double cream
- 125 ml champagne or dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- STEP 1Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the livers and garlic over a fairly high heat for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the livers are browned and caramelised on the outside but slightly pink on the centre. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2Whizz the chicken livers and all it's buttery juices to a paste in a food processor. With the motor running, pour in the cream, followed by the champagne until well blended and completely smooth. Season with the sugar, 1 tsp salt and plenty of ground black pepper. Pour into a bowl, cover with cling film and chill overnight.