Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Thai Spiced Fillet of Salmon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 3 hours marinating time
- More effort
- Serves 10
Thai Spiced Fillet of Salmon on Roast Aubergine with a Coconut Milk and Chilli Sauce served with Tilda Basmati Rice infused with Sweet Peppers and Flat Leaf Parsley http://www.tilda.com/foodservice/recipes
- 1kg Tilda Original Pure Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp thai green curry paste
- 3 limes, juiced and zested
- 10 x 200g salmon fillet, fresh, scaled and pin boned
- 1 red pepper, sweet, diced
- 1 green pepper, sweet, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, sweet, diced
- 2 bunches fresh flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped
- t tbsp ginger, fresh, grated
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 x 400ml coconut milk, tinned
- 3 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 3 aubergines, sliced, roasted and dressed with fresh lime juice
- STEP 1Mix the vegetable oil with the curry paste, and the juice and zest of 2 of the limes
- STEP 2Rub the salmon fillets with this mixture and allow to marinade for 3 hours.
- STEP 3Meanwhile prepare and cook the Tilda Basmati rice. For best results, soak the rice for 30 minutes before cooking. After soaking, bring a pan of water (one measure rice: two measures water) to boil and stir in the rice. Return to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Once cooked add the diced sweet peppers, chopped parsley and grated ginger and cover with cling film. Allow to infuse until ready to serve.
- STEP 4Roast the salmon in a preheated oven set to 135ÃÂ°C for 9 minutes, ensuring that the fish stays moist by brushing it with the sesame oil during the cooking process. Once cooked, but still slightly pink in the centre, take the salmon out of the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- STEP 5Heat the coconut milk, sliced chillies and the zest of 1 lime in a pan on a low heat and allow to infuse, ensuring that this mixture does not boil.
- STEP 6Serve the salmon fillets on the roasted aubergines and accompany the dish with infused Tilda Basmati rice. Drizzle the dish with some of the coconut and chilli sauce and serve.