Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Romanian Potato Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
An easy winter salad, it’s a great accompaniment for grilled meats or it can be served on it’s own with fresh bread
- 5 medium size potatoes
- 2 medium size eggs free range or organic
- 10 small or 5 large pickled gerkins
- 1 large roasted red pepper ( from a jar)
- 1/2 medium size white or yellow onion
- 1/2 tablespoon mayo ( home made is preferable but I just use free range hellmans)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Black olives ( optional)
- STEP 1Peel and cut the potatoes into 3-4 cm cubes ( full thumb size) . Cover with cold water and set to boil for 6 min or until they are cooked but not mushy.
- STEP 2Cover the eggs in cold water and set to boil. Once the water is boiling wait 7 min then place under cold running water for about 3 min.
- STEP 3Cut the gherkins , roasted red pepper and onion into thin slices . Slice the eggs . Drain the boiled potatoes
- STEP 4Add everything togheter and gently stir. You can serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to 3 days , serve cold on it’s own or with grilled meat . Optionaly you can add black olives for serving.