Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
No-fry oven chips
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 3
Crispy, chunky, oven chips lightly seasoned and ready in no time.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed peppercorns
- Pinch of salt
- 1 sprig thyme
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- STEP 2Slice each potato into equally sized wedges, until they are the desired thickness.
- STEP 3Put the wedges and a pinch of salt into a pan of lightly boiling water for approximately 4 minutes, then drain them and dab them with kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- STEP 4Coat the wedges in olive oil and place on a baking tray.
- STEP 5Lightly season wedges with the salt and pepper, chop thyme and sprinkle over wedges.
- STEP 6Place wedges in oven for 15 minutes, take them out and turn. Place them back in for approx 10 minutes, until lightly browned, or until crisp.