Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Philly cheese steak wellington
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 8
I combined two classics. America's Philly cheese steak, and Britain's Beef wellington.
- 700g steak (I use sirloin) sliced wafer thin
- 12 slices of Prosciutto
- 170g Ardennes pate
- 300g cheddar cheese
- 2x 375g ready rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- STEP 1Remove fat and slice the steaks into strips as thin as possible
- STEP 2season well with salt and pepper and pan fry or grill for 2-3 minutes siring the meat constantly until all slightly browned.
- STEP 3lay out the Prosciutto overlapping to make a large square, cover with the pate, then add the cooked steak to the middle of the Prosciutto square in a rectangle shape, leaving enough space around the edges to fold over the steak and make a parcel.
- STEP 4Roll out one puff pasty sheep and place the package in the middle, cover with cheddar cheese, then lay the second sheet over the top, tuck it in tightly, then cut the excess pasty away leaving a 2 inch border, crimp the border with the back of a teaspoon until crimped all the way around.
- STEP 5Lightly beat the egg, then brush the pastry with the egg wash.
- STEP 6bake in the oven for 25 minutes on 200c or 180c for fan assisted ovens.