Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Gorgeous Swiss fondu, great for a starter or a cheese and wine night
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- ½ pint white wine
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 8oz emmental cheese
- 8oz gruyere cheese
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1tblsp kirsch (optional)
- Cubed bread, for dipping
- STEP 1Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the halves of garlic.
- STEP 2Add the wine and lemon juice to the pot and heat until boiling. Lower the heat and gradually stir in the cheeses until melted, stirring all the time.
- STEP 3If using kirsch, blend with the cornflour, otherwise use water. Add to the cheese mixture and cook gently until the mixture is smooth - don't let it boil or it will burn.
- STEP 4Using the fondue prongs, dip the bread cubes into the cheese and serve.