Will's Special Breakfast Wrap
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Delicious wrap which is ideal for breakfast, and for those who love bacon, sausage and egg!
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 rashers of bacon, unsmoked
- 1 pork sausage, works well with Cumberland
- 2 very thin slices extra mature cheddar cheese
- Ketchup OR Brown Sauce
- STEP 1Turn on the oven to the lowest setting possible and allow to warm up.
- STEP 2Turn on the grill to a medium heat, and place your sausage underneath, turning every 5 minutes or so. When it has an even brown coat, slice it in half. There should be no pink sections - if there are, return it to the grill for another 2 minutes. Next, turn the grill heat to the lowest setting possible without it being off.
- STEP 3Whilst the sausages are cooking, put a frying pan onto a high heat and add a small knob of butter. Once this is sizzling, add the two rashers of bacon. Wait for 2 minute, then flip the rashers over - it should be nice and crispy. Wait for another 2 minutes, then take the bacon out and put it under the grill next to the sausage.
- STEP 4Crack an egg into a cup. Take a fork, and gently whisk it up until the yolk has dispersed into the egg white. Heat up the frying pan before to a high heat, then tip the egg into the middle and like an omelette, push it to one side. After 30 seconds turn the egg over and turn the heat off.
- STEP 5Put the tortilla wraps in the oven, and wait for 30 seconds. They should be warm to the touch. Place these onto a plate. Take your choice of sauce, then squeeze the bottle down the middle of the tortilla and spread gently with a knife.
- STEP 6Begin to arrange the food on the wrap. Put the egg on first, followed by the bacon, the cheese, and then the sausage. Fold up the bottom section of the wrap, and then roll from the top. Place faced down onto the plate to prevent the wrap from falling apart.
- STEP 7Serve, and enjoy! For a little extra excitement, try adding a potato rosti or a couple of slices of tomato.