Chinese chili chicken
Member recipe by chamwith
A Chinese dish with little modifications :) I used leftover chicken so it takes much less time to cook. (I had to add some potatos to get rid of too much salt I added)
- Boneless chicken brest,
- Egg 1,
- Soya sauce 2 tbsp,
- Butter 1 tbsp,
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Chopped Green Chilies 5-6 or green bell pepper 1/2,
- Green Onion Chopped 2,
- Ginger and Garlic Paste 1 tsp,
- Tomato 1/2,
- Corn Flour(if not all purpose flour) 2 tbsp,
- Chicken broth 1 cup (optional)
- Oil to fry,
- Salt and pepper powder to taste,
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Mix 1tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp corn flour, lemon juice, egg, butter, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken in to about 2cm cubes and mix with the above mixture and leave to marinate.
- Fry the marinated chicken pieces in a deep frying pan until browned.
- Mix the remaining soya sauce, corn flour, chicken broth, salt, pepper, sugar in a seperate bowl and set aside.
- Cut the bell pepper, and onion into about 3cm squares. (into slightly bigger pieces)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and add ginger and garlic paste, bell pepper and fry for a minute or two.
- Add the chicken broth mixture and stir well until thickened. then add tomatos.
- Add the fried chicken cubes and serve hot.