- Preparation and cooking time
- 2 hours to prove
- Makes 6
Perfect for a meze, these flatbreads are very simple to make.
- 500g Plain Flour
- 1tsp cooking salt
- 2tbsp Yeast
- 150ml Warm Water
- 150ml warm milk- microwave for 30 seconds
- 3tbsp Olive Oil
- STEP 1Put the flour, salt and yeast in a bowl and stir.
- STEP 2Add the warm water and warm milk and mix thoroughly.
- STEP 3Add the oil and mix with hands until dough-like.
- STEP 4Let prove for 1 1/2- 2 hours in an air-tight bowl. Let it prove outside if warm enough, if not, put it above a 50 degree centigrade. Not in the oven, above the oven.
- STEP 5Once proved, place out on a work surface to make a rough circle.
- STEP 6Cut into 6 pieces and make into smaller balls.
- STEP 7Roll the dough balls to a 2-penny thickness and place in a frying pan. DO NOT put oil in the frying pan.
- STEP 8Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, on both sides.
- STEP 9Enjoy hot or clod with some sea salt, black pepper and fresh or dried herbs.