Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken with Rosemary & Drambuie Liqueur
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Simple and tasty.
- 1 whole chicken with giblets (keep the giblets and finely chop)
- 12 slices bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 1 apple, sliced and boiled
- 120g fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp Drambuie liqueur
- 1 egg
- oil, salt and black pepper
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C Wash and clean the chicken. Season well with salt and pepper inside and out.
- STEP 2Heat some oil in a saucepan and saute the bacon until slightly browned.
- STEP 3Add the onion and celery to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 4Next add the apple and 1 tbsp of the butter. As soon as the butter has melted, add the chopped giblets, bread, egg, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir to combine for about a minute.
- STEP 5Finish by adding the Drambuie and heat for a few seconds.
- STEP 6Stuff the chicken with the mixture and cook in the oven for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through (depending on size).