Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Meaty magnificent Pakistani curry
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 3 slices of fresh ginger, peeled and very finely chopped
- 3 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 4-8 green finger chillies, chopped (adjust amount to taste)
- 5-6 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- up to 500ml/18fl oz fresh light chicken stock or water
- pinch of salt
- handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- steamed or boiled basmati rice to serve
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and saute all the whole spices and bay leaves until they crackle and pop.
- STEP 2Add the onions and cook for 15 minutes until lightly browned , then add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- STEP 3Add the red chilli powder, ground coriander, ground turmeric , green chillies and tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Add the chicken, yoghurt, enough stock to cover the chicken and salt. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is piping hot and cooked through.
- STEP 5Stir in the fresh coriander and garam masala and serve with basmati rice.