Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Easy, tasty, low calorie soup
- Tsp Cooking Oil or Sunflower Fry Spray
- 1 Onion
- 1 Broccoli
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 750ml Vegetable Stock
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- STEP 1Roughly chop the onion, garlic, broccoli and cauliflower. Firstly add the onion, garlic and cooking oil to a large cooking pot (for a healthier option try sunflower fry spray).
- STEP 2Once the onion and garlic has softened (this will only take a couple of minutes) add the chopped broccoli and cauliflower. Then add the stock, this should cover approx. half the ingredients. For more broth type soup add approx. another 100-200ml of water
- STEP 3Add a pinch of salt and pepper and then bring the stock to a simmer and cover with lid. Once the ingredients have become soft (after approx. 20 mins) pour the ingredients into a blender or use a hand blender.
- STEP 4Tip - For a creamer soup add cream or a couple of potatoes (bear in mind, potatoes will take longer to cook, so consider part boiling them before adding into the soup pot). This soup can also be frozen.