Homemade Lemonade with Matcha
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Here's my homemade lemonade recipe with a Japanese twist with added matcha. If you don't have matcha at home don't worry the recipe still works without it.
- 200g sugar
- 200ml cold water
- 4 large fresh lemons
- 1 litre of cold water
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices (to garnish)
- STEP 1Heat the 200g of sugar and 200ml of water in a saucepan on medium heat until the sugar dissolves (stir to make sure the sugar is completely dissolved into the water).Then, take it off the heat and let cool.
- STEP 2Squeeze the juice from 4 lemons into a bowl and then pass through a sieve.
- STEP 3When ready to serve pour the sugar water and lemon juice into a large jug.
- STEP 4Add 1 litre of cold water, ice cubes and lemon slices. Use a spoon with a long handle to stir well.
- STEP 5Now the homemade lemonade is ready. If you want to add matcha follow point 6.
- STEP 6Put 1 tsp of matcha powder is a small cup and add a few tablespoons of cold water. Use a whisk to remove any lumps. Add to the lemonade and mix well.