Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Blueberry Buckle Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 8
Lovely moist sponge and gives one of your 5 a day!
- 45 grams plain flour
- 65 grams granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 55 grams cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 130 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 55 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 80 ml milk
- 150g pack fresh blueberries
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Butter or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray an 8inch (20cm) baking cake tin or square baking pan
- STEP 2Streusel Topping- In large bowel mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add butter and with finger tips rub till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- STEP 3Cake Batter- In a separate bowel combine the flour and baking soda. In another bowel beat (you can use eletric whisk if you like)butter till smooth, add sugar and beat till light and fluffy. Ad the egg and vanilla til well combined. Add the flour in 3 additions alternatley with the milk (in 2 additions) beat only until combined.
- STEP 4Spread cake batter into the cake tin. Evenly distribute the blueberries on top of the cake batter. Then sprinkle the streusel topping on top of the blueberries.
- STEP 5Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre of the cake and the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove and put on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- STEP 6Enjoy!!