Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
Fat free Yogurt makes this delicious cake super moist and extremely healthy.
- 200 gms plain flour
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberry puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 3 tbsp strawberry crush
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil
For the strawberry puree:
- 36 fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- STEP 1Place the strawberries, sugar and water in a medium sized bowl. Microwave uncovered on high for 5 minutes. stir. Microwave for another 2 minutes. Cool. Add in the lemon juice and blend in a mixer to get your strawberry puree.
- STEP 2Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- STEP 3In a large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer whisk the eggs and sugar till almost double in size.
- STEP 4Add in the sifted flour, baking powder, lemon juice, strawberry puree, vanilla essence, salt, oil and the yogurt and whisk for 2-3 minutes till nicely blended.
- STEP 5Pour the batter into a prepared cake tin.
- STEP 6Take the strawberry crush and just spoon over the cake batter to form ribbons.
- STEP 7Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.