Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Delicious Treacle Tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 10
Developed by the lovely dairy farmers' wives of Kelly's of Cornwall.
- 6oz shortcrust pastry
- 125g/4oz golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 75-125g/3-4oz fresh white or wholemeal bread crumbs
- Kelly's of Cornwall Clotted Cream Ice Cream
- STEP 1Use 3/4 pastry line 7in pie plate
- STEP 2Add lemon juice to syrup and add to breadcrumbs
- STEP 3Pour filling into pastry. Dampen the edges of the pastry
- STEP 4Roll out remaining pastry to an oblong 18cm/7in long, cut into 5mm/1/4in strips - there should be 10
- STEP 5Twist and place lattice fashion across the tart
- STEP 6Bake for approx 30 mins at gas 6/200C/400
- STEP 7Fab served with Kelly's of Cornwall ice cream!