Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Honey Gin and Tonic, H-G&T
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
Gin and Tonic but with Honey! Sound unusual? Hear me out. This could be your new favourite spin on a classic. This recipe includes Hortus Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Liqueur. Bitter yet sweet.
- 25/50ml of Hortus Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Liqueur. (This gin liqueur has a yellowish tint so to give a golden appearance to the drink)
- 250ml of tonic
- A fair handful of ice cubes
- Around 25ml/two flat tablespoons of honey. (A semi-firm 2 second squeeze should do if using a squeezy bottle)
- A couple halves of lemon slices to garnish
- A sprig of rosemary to garnish
- STEP 1In a chilled (optional) Copa de Balon glass add the ice and pour in the gin liqueur. Add the tonic and then squeeze/add in the honey. Mix thoroughly with a teaspoon until the honey has dissolved.
- STEP 2Pop in some sliced lemon and the sprig of rosemary and there you go! A beautiful golden G&T. Bitter yet sweet.
- STEP 3Other brands of rhubarb and ginger gin/gin liqueur may alter the colour of the drink.