Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Classic French Crêpes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 crêpes
A versatile crêpe recipe whose flavours can be set alight with your choice of sweet or savoury filling.
- 230g plain flour
- 500ml whole milk
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- STEP 1Warm the milk in a saucepan or microwave until it is tepid.
- STEP 2Melt the butter in a microwave or saucepan.
- STEP 3In a bowl, whisk together the warm milk, melted butter, flour, sugar, vanilla extract and salt til a loose batter is formed. Cover and set aside to rest for one hour.
- STEP 4Heat a pan over a medium heat and lightly coat the pan with some melted butter. Ladle in enough batter to thinly coat the bottom of the pan (around 3 tablespoons) and cook for around a minute. Flip and cook the other side which will cook a lot quicker.
- STEP 5Continue in this way until you have used up all your batter and serve with any sweet or savoury topping of your choosing.