Chocolate Loaf Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A really simple, chocolate cake but lot's of fun to make. Great for snacking!
- 115g of butter
- 150g of brown sugar
- 75g of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 235ml of buttermilk (you can mkae this by mixing 235ml of milk with a tbsp of lemon juice and leaving to stand for 5mins))
- 1 tsp of vanilla essense
- 195g of plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 25g of dark chocolate
- STEP 1Cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- STEP 2Add the egg and beat, then mix in the buttermilk and vanilla
- STEP 3Mix in the dry ingredients and chocolate chunks.
- STEP 4Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake for an hour at 180° celsius.
- STEP 5Leave to cool for a few hours then dust with icing sugar!