Chinese Braised Beef
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
- 1/2 kg beef briskets, cut into bite sizes
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot - cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp. Kikkoman soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 pcs. star anise
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- spring onions - to garnish
- STEP 1n a saucepan, combine the beef, onion, kikkoman soy sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper, star anise and water. Boil until the beef is tender.
- STEP 2Add the carrots. Don't over cook.
- STEP 3Dilute the cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and add to the beef to make the sauce thicker.
- STEP 4Serve with rice and garnish with spring onions.