Spicy Chinese Style Chips
Member recipe by cairin
These chips are hot and flavourful and go well on their own or with any dish. They are made in all my local chineses and I decided to try make them myself. I think this recipe is very good. Defiantly one to try if you like spicy food.
- Frozen Chips
- Soya sauce
- Sesame oil
- Rice vinegar/Normal vinegar
- Chopped Onions
- Chopped Garlic
- Chopped chillies
- Chilli and Garlice sause
- Chinese five spice
- Paprika powder
- Fry the chips in a deep fat fryer/use the oven. Frozen chips is best as they don't go as soggy as home made chips would in this.
- Heat equal amounts of soya sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil on the pan/wok
- Add in the chopped onions, garlic and chilles and saute untill golden.
- Throw in the chips and cover in the chilli and garlic sause. Fry until sause has cooked into the chips.
- Cover in chinese five spice, salt , suger and paprika. The more paprika the hotter the chips will be.
- Cook until the chips and well fryed on the pan. Remove and serve.