- Preparation and cooking time
- 30 mins required for salting
- Makes 18 small fritters
Quick courgette and feta fritters, perfect for as a starter or as part of a summer lunch.
- 4 medium courgettes
- 2 handfuls of mint, finely chopped
- 1 pack of feta roughly crumbled
- 1/2 tsp chipolte chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp oregano
- sweet chilli sauce to serve
- STEP 1Wash and grate the courgettes and place them into a bowl with 2 small handfuls of sea salt. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to salt for 30 mins.
- STEP 2Meanwhile crumble the feta into a bowl with the chilli, mint and oregano and a little salt and pepper.
- STEP 3After 30 mins, place the courgette into the tea towel and squeeze over a sink to drain the water. Try squeeze out as much as you can as this will stop the fritters going too soggy.
- STEP 4Add the courgette to the feta mixture, check the seasoning, then add the flour and egg and mix.
- STEP 5Heat a frying pan with a little oil on a medium heat. Shape the fritters into balls and flatten them with your palm.
- STEP 6Fry the fritters in batches, about 7-10 mins each side, allowing each side to be golden brown and crisp before turning.
- STEP 7Serve straight away with the sweet chilli sauce on the side.