Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Onion Tart for 2
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Scrumptious and delicious! With puff pastry and balsamic sauce.
- Ready made puff Pastry
- 3 onions (large Slices)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- STEP 1Take out Puff Pastry from the Freezer and let it thaw. Once thawed, cut into 2 indiviual slices. Fold the edges and brush with beaten egg. Put the pastry on to the tray. Put the tray into the oven - Gas Mark 7/220'c for appox 20 mins to your liking.
- STEP 2Heat the oil in a pan (deep fry)
- STEP 3Add the onions and cook slowly on a low heat for 15 - 20 mins. Stir occasionally till they have turned into a soft golden colour.
- STEP 4In a pan, mix in the sugar and vinegar - keep it on a low heat for 5 mins till the mix is sticky.
- STEP 5When the pastry is ready, take it out of the oven, When the onions are ready put it on the pastry and pour the sauce onto the onion. Its ready to eat.