There are several advantages to having your own espresso or coffee pod machine at home: barista-quality brews made in your own kitchen and a happier wallet now that you don’t have to rely on takeaway coffees, which can sometimes be expensive.
Known for discounts across major retailers, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great opportunities to pick up kitchen appliances such as coffee machines for a lower price. We’ve tested a range of models from trusted brands to bring you our picks of the best coffee machines on the market.
Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday coffee machine deals 2020
Coffee pod machine deals
- KitchenAid Nespresso Artisan
- IKOHS Potts capsule coffee machine: Save 5% at IKOHS, was £67.95 now £63.95
- Bosch Tassimo Vivy 2 TAS 140x coffee machine
Espresso machine deals
Sage by Heston The Barista Express BES875UK Bean to Cup Coffee Machine: £549 at Currys and price-matched £549 at AO.com
- £549 at John Lewis, plus claim a Sage Knock Box worth £19.99 when you use discount code SAGEKNOCKBOX at checkout
- Salter EK3131 Espressimo coffee machine: Save 25% at Robert Dyas, was £39.99 now £29.99
- Swan SK22110CN espresso machine: Save 21% at Currys, was £99.99 now £78.49
What type of coffee machine is right for you?
If you’re after convenience, coffee pod machines use capsules and save on time and effort. A drawback lies in the limited recycling opportunities for caps, although brands like Nespresso do have programs in place. If environmentally friendly packaging options are a priority, look for recyclable and compostable pods.
For those looking to build their barista skills or simply enjoy the bean-to-brew process, an espresso machine will offer the opportunity to personalise your coffee and produce the perfect crema.
Coffee pod and espresso machines vary dramatically in price, so it’s best to weigh up which functions you may want in advance. Some, such as the Lavazza A Modo Mio Deséa coffee machine allow you to simply select your favourites, while models like the more sophisticated Sage by Heston The Barista Express offer a whole array of features.
To give you a head start, our full guide to the best coffee machines (including a review of the stylish KitchenAid Artisan Nespresso coffee maker) tells you everything you need to know. And once you’ve decided on the coffee machine for you, check back here.
We’ll be updating this page regularly with the best deals we can find on our tried-and-tested favourite coffee machines and bundles.
For all the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday kitchen appliance deals and more unbiased expert buyer’s guides, visit our reviews section to find 400+ round-ups of everything from the best dishwasher tablets to best slow cookers and best food processors.
Which retailers have Black Friday and Cyber Monday coffee machine deals?
Here’s where to find some of the best prices on coffee machines and kitchen appliances right now:
- Very – still live: Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on home tech including KitchenAid and Kenwood
- Lakeland – still live: save on electricals including KitchenAid accessories
- Currys – still live: ‘Black Fri-Yay!’ deals across various departments
- John Lewis & Partners – still live: save on large and small appliances including Kenwood and Magimix
- Appliances Direct – new Cyber Monday deals: up to 40% off appliances including fridge freezers
- Nisbets – new Cyber Monday discount: 10% off everything with code CYBER (30 November only, max £25 discount, T&C apply)
- Argos – still live: half price kitchen appliances including Ninja and Nespresso
- Robert Dyas – still live: Mega Deals on home and garden including Kenwood and Salter electricals
- AO.com – still live: save on appliances including best dishwashers and microwaves
- Amazon – new Cyber Monday deals across various departments
- House of Fraser – still live: £20 voucher with every £100 spent (T&C apply)
If it’s gifts for foodies you’re after, Trouva, Not on the High Street, Amara and Ethical Superstore all ran Black Friday offers last year and will be doing the same later this month. The latter will not only be offering 20% off everything from the 23-30 November, but also donating grocery items to the Newcastle West End Foodbank with every order over £30.
Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday coffee machine deals 2020
KitchenAid Nespresso artisan, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 24% at Harts of Stur, was £349 now £264.95 (Save £84.05)
Most stylish coffee pod machine
KitchenAid specialise in handsome kit, and this is no different – provided you have the counter space. This pod machine doesn’t have a milk attachment, but the coffee extraction is excellent. It’s quite large for a pod machine – it’s almost as big as a manual home espresso maker – but the water chamber is built-in, so the whole thing feels neat and tidy. RRP £349.
This KitchenAid model features in our best coffee machines to buy guide
Bosch Tassimo Vivy 2 TAS 140x, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- New Cyber Monday deal: Save 72% at AO, was £106 now £30 (red model currently in stock)
- New deal: Save 60% at ASDA, was £69.96 now £28 (Save £41.96)
- Last day (30/11): Save 15% on drinks at Tassimo with the code AUTUMN15 when you spend £45
- One to watch: Save 68% at Very, was £89,99 now £28.99 (Save £61, currently out of stock)
- One to watch: Save 62% at Argos, was £79 now £29.99 (Save £50, currently out of stock)
Best cheap coffee pod machine
If ease-of-use is what you’re looking for from a coffee machine, the Tassimo Vivy 2 by Bosch is a great choice. The gadget uses an in-built barcode reader to scan compatible T-pods and create a perfect drink every time – a very hands-off experience but satisfyingly speedy. You can currently buy the machine direct from Tassimo for £99 and for a limited time, were able to save £55 on some mega bundle deals, so keep an eye on the Tassimo site in case this opportunity returns. RRP £99.99.
Read our full Bosch Tassimo Vivy 2 TAS 140x coffee pod machine review.
Sage by Heston The Barista Express, Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- Best price: £549 at Currys
- Price matched: £549 at AO.com
- Price matched plus free gift: £549 at John Lewis, plus claim a Sage Knock Box worth £19.99 when you use discount code SAGEKNOCKBOX at checkout
- Save 8% at Harrods, was £599 now £549.94 (Save £49.06 on the metallic model)
Best espresso machine for gadget lovers
The Barista Express will help you create professional standard coffee in your own kitchen. Designed in collaboration with chef Heston Blumenthal, significant thought has gone into its overall build quality and range of features. These include a bean container, portafilter, stainless steel tamper, hot water dispenser and milk frothing jug. Every element from the grind size to the water pressure can also be adjusted, making it an absolute dream for gadget lovers. Rated 4.5/5 stars by BBC Good Food expert Bianca Barratt, you can go from coffee novice to connoisseur with the help of this espresso machine. RRP £599.99.
Salter EK3131 Espressimo coffee machine, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 25% at Robert Dyas, was £39.99 now £29.99 (Save £10)
- Save 42% at Amazon, was £59.99 now £34.99 (Save £25)
- One to watch: Previously you could save 33% at House of Fraser, was £59.99 now £39.99 (Save £20)
Best budget espresso machine
This diminutive Salter espresso machine is a great choice for small kitchens. During our test of the best espresso machines, it produced an excellent americano and has a milk frother on its side for creating lattes and cappuccinos. Its espresso results lack the thick crema you see from professional machines, but it’s great value for money and still achieved 4/5 stars from BBC Good Food expert, Pete Wise. RRP £59.99.
Read our full Salter Espressimo coffee machine review.
Swan SK22110 espresso machine, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 21% at Currys, was £99.99 now £78.49 (Save £21.50)
Best coffee machine for under £100
This vintage-looking model is a BBC Good Food favourite for its great performance at a budget-friendly price. Features include a milk frother and temperature gauge. Five colours are also available on Amazon with the blue and cream editions currently the cheapest, available for £75 (but currently dispatched within 1 to 2 months). RRP £99.99.
IKOHS Potts capsule coffee machine, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 5% at IKOHS, was £67.95 now £63.95 (Save £4)
Best value coffee pod machine
IKOHS tested the waters with a 2% discount on its capsule coffee machine earlier this month and has now upped the savings available to 5%. Available in four colours, this machine is compatible with Nespresso pods, Dolce Gusto pods and loose ground coffee, versatility that, combined with good performance and attractive design, saw it awarded 4/5 stars by BBC Good Food experts when tested against other top models. RRP £67.95.
Read our full IKOHS Potts coffee pod machine review.
One to watch
Russell Hobbs Brew and Go Filter Coffee Machine and Mug, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 14% at Very, was £34.99 now £29.99 (Save £5, currently out of stock)
Best coffee pod machine for busy households
For filter coffee without the faff, the Russell Hobbs Brew and Go produces a full mug at the touch of a button and was rated best coffee pod machine for busy households when tested by reviews expert Pete Wise. It uses ESE coffee pods and coffee bags that can be composted at home but there’s also the opportunity to brew using tea bags and ground coffee. Plus a sturdy take away cup is provided for hot drinks on-the-go. With an RRP of £32.99, you were only really saving £3 with this deal by Very but it’s a saving nonetheless.
One to watch
Krups Citiz Red and Milk, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 10% at Debenhams, was £210 now £189 (Save £21 on the silver model – search debenhams.com for ‘Krups Citiz’, currently out of stock)
Best budget coffee pod machine
We were really impressed by this unassuming model. It’s easy to set up, slim (even with the milk jug attachment) and intuitive. It’s compatible with Nespresso pods (as are many pod machines on the market), and the coffee has an excellent crema. We were most impressed with the milk attachment – it works silently to heat milk to the perfect consistency for making cappuccinos, lattes or flat whites. RRP £210.
More Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Black Friday slow cooker deals
Black Friday microwave deals
Black Friday toaster deals
Black Friday dishwasher deals
Black Friday blender deals
Black Friday stand mixer deals
Black Friday food processor deals
Black Friday fridge freezer deals
Black Friday kettle deals
Black Friday alcohol deals
When is Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2020?
Previously just a tradition in the US and Canada, Black Friday and Cyber Monday is now a global annual shopping event well known for brands and major retailers dropping deals on products ahead of Christmas.
This year, the event falls on Friday 27 November, with deals and discounts set to run right through to Monday 30 November, dubbed Cyber Monday.
Over the last few years we’ve seen offers start earlier and earlier and this year is no different.
We’ll be updating this page regularly with all the latest Black Friday coffee machine deals ahead of the main event.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Do your research in advance so that you have the coffee machine you want in mind. The price of coffee pod and espresso machines vary dramatically so it’s best to weigh up which functions you may want in advance.
- Retailers like John Lewis & Partners, AO.com and Currys offer a price match promise so don’t limit yourself to online retailers like Amazon.
- Express machines can be very high spec and offer a lot of variety. Our best coffee machine buyer’s guide is a good place to start.
- Be familiar with the RRP of each product in advance so you’re aware of how much money you’ll save when each deal rolls along.
- Only buy what you can afford.
The BBC Good Food reviews section features buyer’s guides brought to you by our Test Kitchen experts.
This page was updated on 30 November 2020