Zingy salmon & brown rice salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3 - 4
- 200g brown basmati rice
- 200g frozen soya beans , defrosted
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 cucumber , diced
- small bunch spring onions , sliced
- small bunch coriander , roughly chopped
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 1 red chilli , diced, deseeded if you like
- 4 tsp light soy sauce
- STEP 1
Cook the rice following pack instructions and 3 mins before it’s done, add the soya beans. Drain and cool under cold running water.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the salmon on a plate, then microwave on High for 3 mins or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly, remove the skin with a fork, then flake.
- STEP 3
Gently fold the cucumber, spring onions, coriander and salmon into the rice and beans. In a separate bowl, mix the lime zest and juice, chilli and soy, then pour over the rice before serving.