Waterfall beef salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Takes 20-30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2thick cut sirloin steaks (600g/1lb 5oz in total)
- 4 tbsp lime juice (about 2-3 limes)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 red chilli , seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 4 spring onions , chopped
- Iceberg, Romaine or Webb's lettuce
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
- 100g beansprout
- a bunch of radishes , thinly sliced
- 2-3 large carrots , cut into thin matchsticks
- STEP 1
Grill the steaks for 2-3 minutes each side until medium rare. When cool, slice thinly.
- STEP 2
Mix the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, chilli, mint and spring onions. Toss in the beef and tip into a serving bowl.
- STEP 3
Arrange the veg in bowls, so everyone can help themselves to lettuce, etc, to wrap around the beef.