Watercress & artichoke soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 100g potato , grated skin and all
- 8 spring onions , chopped
- 500ml reduced-salt vegetable (or chicken) stock
- 2 x 85g bags watercress , a few sprigs reserved
- 150ml buttermilk
- 5 canned artichoke hearts , rinsed to remove excess salt, 1 chopped
- STEP 1
Put the potato and spring onions in a pan and pour over the stock. Cover and cook for 5 mins until the potato is tender.
- STEP 2
Add the watercress, stir until wilted, then blitz with a hand blender or in a food processor until completely smooth. Add the buttermilk and the 4 whole artichokes and blitz again. Top with the chopped artichoke and watercress sprigs just before eating.