Warm Thai chicken & noodle salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 4
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 175g dried medium egg noodles
- 2 good handfuls of greens, such as Chinese leaf , finely shredded
- 2 carrots , cut into thin strips
- 8 spring onions , finely sliced
- 1 red pepper , seeded and finely sliced
- a handful of fresh coriander leaves
For the dressing
- 1 red chilli , seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp root ginger , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1
Preheat the grill to high. Put the chicken on a baking tray and grill for 10-12 minutes without turning, until cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to instructions. Drain and run cold water through to stop them sticking together.
- STEP 3
Mix the vegetables in a bowl. Thinly slice the chicken and add to the bowl, along with the noodles and coriander leaves.
- STEP 4
Mix the dressing ingredients together with 2 tablespoons water, pour over the salad and toss well. Serve straight away.