- ½ cucumber , halved, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small carrot , grated
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs , cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 25g ginger (peeled weight), finely grated
- 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 8 mini or 4 large soft flour tortillas
- 2 Little Gem lettuces , leaves separated and cut in half
- STEP 1
Put the cucumber, carrot and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and fry on a medium heat until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and set aside. Pour the remaining oil into the pan and lower the heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 2 mins until softened but not coloured. Add the sugar, soy sauce and 150ml water, and bubble for 5 mins until saucy. Return the chicken to the pan and heat through.
- STEP 2
Warm the tortilla wraps following pack instructions. Top the tortillas with the lettuce, chicken, and pickled cucumber and carrot.