- ½ cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small carrot, grated
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25g ginger (peeled weight), finely grated
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- 8 mini or 4 large soft flour tortillas
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated and cut in half
Put the cucumber, carrot and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and fry on a medium heat until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and set aside. Pour the remaining oil into the pan and lower the heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 2 mins until softened but not coloured. Add the sugar, soy sauce and 150ml water, and bubble for 5 mins until saucy. Return the chicken to the pan and heat through.
Warm the tortilla wraps following pack instructions. Top the tortillas with the lettuce, chicken, and pickled cucumber and carrot.