Turkey tortilla pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Top a chilli con carne with snipped tortilla wraps for this healthy one-pot that fuses nachos with enchiladas
- 2 onions , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus a little extra if needed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 500g pack turkey mince
- 1 ½ tbsp chipotle paste
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 400g can kidney bean , drained and rinsed
- 198g can sweetcorn , drained
- 2 corn tortillas , snipped into triangles
- small handful grated cheddar
- 2 spring onions , finely sliced
- STEP 1
In a deep flameproof casserole dish, cook the onions in the oil for 8 mins until soft. Add the cumin and cook for 1 min more. Stir in the mince and add a bit more oil, if needed. Turn up the heat and cook for 4-6 mins, stirring occasionally, until the mince is browned.
- STEP 2
Stir in the chipotle paste, tomatoes and half a can of water, and simmer for 5 mins. Mix in the beans and sweetcorn, and cook for a few mins more until thick, piping hot and the mince is cooked.
- STEP 3
Heat the grill. Take the pan off the heat and put the tortilla triangles randomly on top. Scatter over the cheese and grill for a few mins until the topping is crisp, taking care that it doesn’t burn. Sprinkle with the spring onions and serve.