Turkey & parsnip curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 40-50 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions , halved through the root and thinly sliced
- 500g parsnip , peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500g/1lb 2oz boneless cooked turkey , cut into chunks
- 150g pot low-fat natural yogurt
- cooked basmati rice , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and fry gently for 10 minutes until they are softened and lightly coloured. Add the parsnips and stir well.
- STEP 2
To make the curry, stir in the curry paste, then add the tomatoes with a little salt, and stir well. Add 1½ canfuls of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the parsnips are just tender.
- STEP 3
To finish, stir in the turkey chunks, cover the pan again and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the turkey is heated through. Remove from the heat. (The curry can now be cooled and frozen for up to 2 months.) Lightly swirl in the yogurt and serve with basmati rice.